Laser Hair Removal for Legs
Hair on legs! It is something usual. But not all people like this condition, especially if the hair looks so dense. It is also true for a girl. Most girls do not like to have hair on their legs since it may drive them less interesting. There are many ways to remove the hair from the body. The common one that people usually do is shaving once a week. Yes, it appears wasteful and less effective. Now, you can a new treatment namely laser hair removal.
To have this treatment, you have to go to a hair clinic to meet a professional. But, don’t forget to get a referral from someone who has gone and make sure that the operator is experienced as the lasers can damage your skin. Besides, you have to spend quite much money depending on the thickness of your hair and the pigment of your skin. It may take around $300-500 a session and you have to go for 3-4 sessions. It is quite expensive, isn’t it?
If you feel that the cost is quite expensive, you can take another way. Go to the store and buy home laser machines that are less expensive. Anyway, you have to be careful to do this. Do not forget to read and follow the instruction in the manual.
These tools work in the same way as the professional models do. Essentially what happens is lasers send heat down to the hair follicle which retards growth. The outer skin and the surrounding tissue are cooled to prevent damage. When the hair growth is disabled you will eventually get long term hair removal. Although it will take several treatments before you see the results that you want.
However, if you feel that this tool is riskier, it is better that you use another cheaper and fewer permanent ways to remove hair such as using body creams. It may give you a safe feel and do not disturb your budget.
Arms & Legs Hair Removal
When men opt to have their arms or legs shaven then it’s usually either for athletic performance or because hair growth is excessive. If you’re one of the people that suffer from excessive hair growth on the arms or legs then it may be worth asking your doctor for a blood profile test in order to try and find the root cause of the problem. Sometimes blood profiles can show imbalances in hormones that can be addressed.
Arms and Legs Hair Removal – Your Options
Arms and legs have a large combined surface area and it can be quite tricky to remove hair on your own. These are your best options to learn more about each method of hair removal.
Waxing / Sugaring
Cheap and can be performed at home safely. The main downside is that it’s an uncomfortable process and quite messy. You can also have waxing/sugaring done at a local salon – price is cheaper than the average laser / electrolysis session and results are guaranteed for all hair and skin types. It is simple, non-invasive, safe and effective for everyone.
It can be applied at home. The main problem with this method is that the length of time that the area stays smooth is not very long (a couple of days) and likelihood of irritation is quite high (ingrown hairs are common). On the positive side, it’s easy, anyone can do it and equipment doesn’t cost more than a couple of dollars.
Laser Hair Removal
This is a more permanent procedure for removing hair. You need to go to a clinic to have laser hair removal and it will cost quite a lot of money to go through a full course. Results aren’t guaranteed and laser hair removal isn’t right for all hair and skin types. Laser hair removal is considered safe when done by a professional – lasers in the hands of people who don’t know what they’re doing can be dangerous and cause long term issues such as scarring and lesions. If you respond well to laser hair removal, you can permanently reduce hair by up to 70% – 90% after a serious of sessions.
These creams contain chemicals that remove hair from your skin. The results are temporary – in fact some people will notice hair growing back the next day. Results are pretty much guaranteed on everybody regardless of hair or skin type although people with course hair may not see complete removal. These creams can be applied at home, only cost a few dollars (the price depends on the brand, obviously) and can be applied quickly and easily. Depilatory creams may be useful for athletes when removing hair for athletic performance – for aesthetics, though, the results of depilatory creams aren’t long term enough.
For a woman, her leg shaving routine is something that has to be done. The last thing that most women want is to have hairy legs. The problem is, a lot of women don’t know how to shave their legs properly and the end result is a red, bumpy sore leg often accompanied by razor burn.
It doesn’t have to be that way! Follow these leg shaving tips for smooth cut free sexy legs.
1) Always try and shave your legs in a warm shower or bath, preferably after you have been in the water for a while. The reason for this is that the warm water will soften the hairs enough to make the shaving process that little bit easier. With a dry hair, the razor may pull or pluck the hair out, resulting in a red bump or soreness. A nice soft hair will be more easily cut by the razor blade.
2) Ensure that you can stretch your leg out in front of yourself. Try and sit on the edge of the bath or shower so that you can get the full reach of your leg. If you don’t do this, you may end up shaving your leg at too sharp an angle. This will increase the likelihood of you cutting yourself.
3) Now, apply some shaving cream and work up into lather. If you do not have any cream, DO NOT uses normal soap. This will block the pores of your skin causing spots and will cause your legs to dry out. If you haven’t got any shaving cream, male shaving cream or gel is perfectly o.k. to use so borrowing some won’t hurt.
4) Place the razor at the top of your ankle on the front of your leg with the blades face down. Do not press on too hard; just gently slide the razor up your entire leg. Proceed to do the rest of your leg in a similar fashion. Rinse the razor between strokes to prevent any of the hairs blocking the razor blades.
5) If you have sensitive skin, try shaving in the same direction as the hair down your leg. This will prevent the red bumps that some women get. This will not give you as close a shave as shaving against the direction of hair but will also prevent soreness and razor burn.
6) Keep shaving until you have removed all of the cream. Repeat this process on the other leg. When you come to dry your legs, don’t rub them with a towel. This will rub bacteria into the open pores of your skin and may cause shaving rash or spots. Just pat dry your legs with a clean towel.
7) Shaving your leg will take a lot of moisture out of the skin. It is essential that you moisturize to put this moisture back in. Try and find a moisturizer that has no perfume as this can irritate a newly shaven leg.